Top 5 questions within 20 minutes to keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Thailand and key considerations for employers and employees.
With COVID-19 vaccination drives at the early rollout stage across Southeast Asia, we take this opportunity to look more closely at some of the main questions, concerns and legal issues on the minds of employers and employees during these uncertain times in this podcast series.
Today, in the seventh in our series, our employment and labor experts, Kraisorn Rueangkul
(Partner) and Marion Carles Salmon
(Head of Regional Employment and Labor Practice, Regional Senior Legal Adviser) outline the rights and obligations of employers and employees when it comes to COVID-19 vaccination in Thailand. Our experts discuss the country vaccination program and any relevant rules and compliance issues to take note of.
Top 5 Questions Discussed
- Can an employer require its employees to be vaccinated?
- Can employers refuse to hire applicants that have not yet been vaccinated and/or do not wish to be vaccinated?
- Is information concerning an employee’s vaccination considered “health information” or “personal data” under the PDPA?
- What are the legal requirements applicable to collecting, processing and transferring such personal data?
- Can an employer require employees who cannot or will not agree to vaccination to refrain from coming to the workplace?
Recording Date: 13 May 2021
Read more: https://www.dfdl.com/resources/videos/covid-19-vaccination-in-thailand-key-considerations-for-employers-employees/
For Those Who Wish to Dive Deeper
Key Considerations & Issues on COVID-19 Vaccine Rollouts Across Southeast Asia – Top 10 Q&A
Don’t miss out on this timely, topical, easy-to-read and informative FAQ on COVID-19 vaccination issues from an employment and labor perspective so that you can form a clear view on what your rights are in your country: https://www.dfdl.com/resources/covid-19-hub/key-considerations-issues-on-covid-19-vaccine-rollouts-across-southeast-asia-top-10-qa/